Student Staff Selection
Have you ever wanted to be on-staff and contribute to the rich and diverse residential communities at Stanford?Residential Education manages a robust staff selection process to ensure both students and communities find a successful residential staff team.
This section of our website has been set-up to help guide you through the selection process as well as share relevant information and dates to help you through the process.
Residential Selection Timeline
- Wednesday, April 21 (1:00 p.m.): Application opens
- Wednesday, April 28 (10:00 p.m.) Application closes
- Saturday, May 1: Interview period begins
- Thursday, May 20: Interview period ends for all houses
- Friday, May 21: Optional drop-in office hours to discuss ranked list
- Monday, May 24 (1:00 p.m.): Deadline to submit ranked list
- Wednesday, May 26: ResEd notifies applicants of placement
- Thursday, May 27 (1:00 p.m.): Deadline for applicants to confirm placement and agree to terms of appointment
- Thursday, May 27 (5:00 p.m.): Post Match begins
Training & Return to Campus
- August 15, 2021: be available to take part in virtual trainings
- September 4, 2021: move into year-long assignment
- Preparing to Apply - Before you even submit your application, there is a good deal of research and preparation you should do in order to understand the Selection process and the options it provides you.
- Introduction, What to Expect & Support - Familiarize yourself with the expectations of the process
- Expectations, Roles, and Compensation - Review job roles and stipend information regarding the different appointments available through Residential Education and our campus partners.
- Residential Training and Education - Review expectations and key information about fall staff training.
2021-22 Fraternity & Sorority Life House Selection Note
Student staff selection for all approved Fraternity & Sorority Life houses will occur after housing allocation has been determined by the Undergraduate Residence Governing Council (URGC). If you have any questions about the FSL Selection process, please contact Amanda Rodriguez.
Questions? Reach out to us.
Introduction and What to Expect
Undergraduate residential student staff play a critical role in the creation of safe, inclusive residential communities that support student health and well-being.
Expectations, Roles, and Compensation
Find out more about staffing including the roles available, expectations for those who staff, and compensation.
Preparing to Apply
Before you apply, review the eligibility requirements.
Residential Training and Education
In order to staff on campus, attending training is a requirement before you can begin. Find out more here, including important dates to be aware of.