Join a Neighborhood Council
Are you interested in helping to shape the identity, spirit, and traditions of your neighborhood? As a student representative, you will have the opportunity to serve as the liaison for your house and provide input and feedback on neighborhood programs and initiatives.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Attending annual orientation and training (scheduled for Oct 16, 2023, 5-8pm).
- Attending bi-monthly neighborhood council meetings.
- Attending council-hosted events once or twice a month.
- Collaborating with peer representatives to gather ideas and promote student engagement across the neighborhood community.
- Informing decision-making processes that impact the neighborhood, such as common area spaces, funding allocation, and Neighborhood Theme Houses.
Neighborhood councils are chaired by the Neighborhood Program Director and a Resident Fellow Lead. Council members include one student representative from each house, and neighborhood professional staff from Residential Education, Residential & Dining Enterprises, and Undergraduate Advising.