Stern, 557 Mayfield, 650 Mayfield, 702 Bowdoin, Columbae, Mars, Pluto, and apartments in Mirrielees and EVGR-A Duan Family Hall
Students in ITALIC+Arts are members of a tightly knit arts community who live together in Stern Hall’s Burbank House. 46 of them are first-year students involved in the ITALIC program. The remainder are sophomores, juniors, and seniors who have a demonstrated commitment to the arts community on campus. To build connections between these groups, sophomores, juniors, and seniors may opt to attend field trips and workshops with the ITALIC class, as ticketing allows. They are also welcome to take the ITALIC 92 conversation series in the winter quarter (1-2 variable units), as well as ITALIC 99 courses throughout the year.
All Burbank residents will have access to the suite of specially-designed arts practice rooms (a music room, a dance/improv space, an art studio), as well as a basement gallery, a flexible performance space with a baby grand piano, and two seminar rooms.
- Samer Al-Saber, Assistant Professor of Theater and Performance Studies, Affiliate of the Abbasi Program in Islamic Studies, and CCSRE faculty member
- Kim Beil, Associate Director, ITALIC.
- Jonathan Berger, William R. and Gretchen B. Kimball Fellow in Undergraduate Education; Denning Family Provostial Professor of Music
- Richard Thompson Ford, George E. Osborne Professor of Law
- Marisa Galvez, Associate Professor of French and Italian, and by Courtesy, German Studies; Director, Structured Liberal Education (SLE)
- Karla Oeler, Faculty Director, ITALIC; Associate Professor (Teaching), Department of Art & Art History.
- Adam Tobin, Senior Lecturer, Film & Media Studies, Department of Art & Art History
- Amir Abou-Jaoude, ITALIC and Stanford alum (Art & Art History major)
- Jessica de La Paz, ITALIC and Stanford alum, Master’s student in CEE Atmosphere and Energy Course and Instructor for CEE277S/X at Stanford
- DeAndre Johnson, Undergraduate ITALIC student
- Claudia Dorn, Manager of Resources and Community, Office of the Vice President for the Arts
- Anne Shulock, Assistant Vice President for the Arts
- A-lan Holt, Resident Fellow Burbank, Director Institute for Diversity in the Arts
All residents of ITALIC+Arts will be expected to attend at least two of the community’s programmed events per quarter. Taking or teaching an ITALIC 99 course also counts towards your engagement. ITALIC 99 courses are 1-unit courses focusing on the arts and taught by ITALIC alumni and residents of ITALIC+Arts.
ITALIC+Arts Student Leadership Committee coordinates programming, such as workshops, exhibitions, screenings, rehearsals, and performances that address residents’ interests in music, visual arts, theater and dance, writing and spoken word poetry. The Leadership Committee also coordinates the ordering and management of supplies in the basement art studio.