Gerhard Casper Quad, Branner, Pi Beta Phi, Phi Kappa Psi, Grove, Kairos, and apartments in Mirrielees and EVGR-A
Opened in the fall of 2015, Ng House is a lively central location for humanities activity on campus (broadly Art, Art History, Classics, Digital and Computational Humanities, English, History, Literatures, Languages, Linguistics, Music, Philosophy, Religious Studies, Theater and Performance Studies, and related interdisciplinary programs). It is home to students who share a passion for any dimension of the human experience. With its impressive facilities, Ng is a beautiful space and a wonderful communal resource both for its residents and other Stanford students.
The mission of Ng House is to provide an integrated learning and living environment, promoting a culture of informed inquiry, intellectual curiosity, and spirited participation. We host many events, and facilitate student-initiated and student-led workshops, dinners, and seminars. We organize field trips, welcome organizations from across campus, and work with the Center for Spatial and Textual Analysis, The Stanford Humanities Center, SLE, ITALIC, and related Stanford departments to bring leading scholars to the residence and to encourage vibrant humanities programming on campus.
- House Type: Upperclass
- Capacity: 128
- Placement: Ng House
- Lanier Anderson, J. E. Wallace Sterling Professor of the Humanities, Professor of Philosophy and Senior Associate Dean for the Humanities and Arts
- Giovanna Ceserani, Associate Professor of Classics and Director of the Center for Spatial and Textual Analysis (CESTA)
- Michele Elam, William Robertson Coe Professor in the Humanities and Faculty Associate Director, Stanford Human-Centered Artificial Intelligence Institute
- Andrew Fryett, Resident Fellow at Ng Humanities House
- Marisa Galvez, Associate Professor of French and Italian and Faculty Director of Structured Liberal Education (SLE)
- Roland Greene, Mark Pigott KBE Professor in the School of Humanities and Sciences, Anthony P. Meier Family Professor in the Humanities, Professor of English and Director of the Stanford Humanities Center
- Natalie Jabbar, Assistant Director of Public Relations, School of Humanities and Science
- Karla Oeler, Associate Professor of Art and Art History, Director of Immersion in the Arts: Living in Culture (ITALIC)
- Clare Tandy, former resident and former RA at Ng Humanities House. A graduate student in Management Science & Engineering and Innovation Product Manager at PayPal
- Elaine Treharne, Roberta Bowman Denning Professor of Humanities, Professor of English, Director of Stanford Text Technologies, and Resident Fellow at Ng Humanities House