Preparing to Apply
Before you apply, there are several things you can do to prepare.
Confirm your Eligibility
Below are the general eligibility requirements for summer Community RA appointments.
Appointed Staff Members Must:
- Have at least one year of guaranteed undergraduate housing remaining at the time of application for the residential student staff role.
- Be determined by your cohort year, which is based on the year you matriculated at Stanford. Students who matriculated in 2019 and earlier will be eligible.
- Be a registered student and enrolled in classes at Stanford throughout their appointment.
- Remain in good academic standing. Incompletes must be completed before the start of the appointment in September. If a residential student staff member is placed on probation, provisional registration, or suspension during the appointment, this can be grounds for termination.
- Be eligible to receive stipend payments associated with appointment, or be willing to forgo stipend (this may apply in particular to student athletes on full athletic scholarships).
- Be a United States citizen or permanent resident, or in a visa status appropriate to receive payments from a United States source. Student staff are responsible for understanding how their visa status in the United States impacts their ability to work in the United States, and any restrictions to which they may be subject.
Review the Expectations of Student Staff
Please take time to review the expectations of all student staff as well as the position specific addendums for each role you are interested in.