RESIDENTIAL TRAINING & EDUCATION
Training and Education
Per the Undergraduate Residential Student Staff Terms and Obligations of Appointment 2020-2021, all staff must:
- Attend and participate in all training and retreats required for all student staff (even those who have previously attended) and for assigned residence. This includes but is not limited to training prior to the start of your student staff role, and supplemental training sessions throughout the academic year.
- Enroll in and pass any credit bearing class(es) required for student staff (even those who have previously earned credit for that class).
- Attend training, retreats, and classes in person when required to do so.
- Complete required online or alternative format training and classes when required to do so.
Important Training Dates 2020-21
Training Requirements for Winter 2020-21 Student Staff
Staff selected for Winter 2020-21 must:
- be available to attend virtual trainings starting Nov 30, 2020
- The specific dates will be the Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays during the weeks of November 30th-December 4th & December 7th-December 11th.
- While the majority of training will be host via Canvas asynchronously, there will be 2-3 hours of synchronous connects each of the traing days to allow student staff to process the material with RFs, RDs, and CCs.
- Please expect to be in contact with your RF about a staff retreat.
- move into their Winter quarter assignment starting on January 2, 2021
- Please reach out to Director of Selection and Training Zac Sargeant