Off the Farm Endowed Fund
This funding line supports students’ exposure to professional arts off-campus. This program is administered by the Office of the Vice President for the Arts (OVPA) in partnership with ResEd. Neighborhood residents and councils organize trips to attend museums, performances, and hands-on workshops throughout the Bay Area (Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Solano, and Sonoma counties) + Monterey.
More About the Off the Farm Endowed Fund
- Application is required to access these funds, and requests can be made for individual house programs, house+house programs, house+neighborhood programs.
- This fund is funded by an endowment. This funding is equally distributed across the neighborhoods.
Inappropriate and Appropriate Use of These Funds
Inappropriate Use of These Funds (Will Not Be Approved)
- Anything except event/performance tickets and transportation
- Food or meals incurred as part of the activity
- Any ticket costs over $80 per person for live performance, and over $25 per person for museums/exhibitions.
Examples of Appropriate Use of These Funds
- Touring Broadway shows in San Francisco and San Jose (Hamilton, Book of Mormon, Come From Away, The Color Purple, Ain't Too Proud)
- Regional theater productions (A.C.T., SF Playhouse, TheatreWorks, BATS Improv, Berkeley Rep, SF Sketchfest, 42nd Street Moon)
- Music (SF Symphony, Philharmonia Baroque, SFJAZZ, concerts at Fox Theater in Oakland, Noise Pop at Bottom of the Hill in SF)
- Opera (SF Opera)
- Dance (SF Ballet)
- Special Events (Cirque du Soleil, Brockhampton, J. Balvin)
- Museums and Galleries (SFMoMA, California Academy of Sciences, Exploratorium, Oakland Museum of California, San José Museum of Art, de Young Museum, Legion of Honor)
- Festivals and workshops (Bay Area Glass Institute, SF Center for the Book, ZooLabs)
- Transportation to venue
- Visit the Off the Farm website for more examples and trip planning resources