The Suites are located in the west section of campus, near the golf course and Lake Lagunita. Consisting of four individual houses: Anderson, Griffin, Jenkins and Marx.
Suites in Governor’s Corner opened for students in the winter of 1982 after extensive planning for various buildings began in 1978. This was an answer to a housing need for 800 new students. A committee made up of students, staff, and faculty wrote the program for this complex, describing what would go into the new spaces. In phases from 1982-1983, Stanford opened several structures—Independent Houses, Suites and Dining societies, the Elliott Program Center, and Sterling Quadrangle.The four residences are named after former Stanford academic leaders and faculty members: Melville Best Anderson, first head of English department; James Owen Griffin, invited by President Jordan to form the first faculty; Oliver Peebles Jenkins, first professor of Physiology, Zoology, and decided location for Hopkins Seaside lab; and Charles David Marx, first faculty in Civil Engineering, and also a Stanford University Vice President.
Neighborhood D: Governor’s Corner, 550 Lasuen, 1047 Campus, Synergy, and apartments in Mirrielees and EVGR-A Duan