Student Staff Selection
Have you ever wanted to serve on Residential Education staff as a Resident Assistant (RA) or Ethnic Theme Associate (ETA)? Student staff contribute to the rich and diverse residential communities at Stanford and help improve the Stanford experience from the inside out. Residential Education manages a robust staff selection process to ensure both students and communities find a successful residential staff team. We need committed undergraduate students passionate about constructing the livelihoods of our students within environments that are dynamic, socially engaging, and welcoming to a variety of identities.
Residential Selection Timeline
- Wednesday, January 12: Application Opens
- Friday, January 21: Application Closes
- Wednesday, January 26: Application Review Begins
- Saturday, January 29: Interview Period Begins
- Sunday, February 27: Interview Period Ends
- Wednesday, March 2: Deadline for Applicants to Submit Ranked Lists
- Thursday, March 10: Applicants Notified of Placement
- Friday, March 11: Post Match Process Begins
- Labor Day Weekend (specific dates/times TBD): Student Staff Move-in
- Tuesday, September 6 – Friday, September 9: Student Staff Training
- Monday, September 12 – Thursday, September 15: Student Staff Training
This section of our website has been set-up to help guide you through the selection process as well as share relevant information and dates to help you through the process.
Introduction and What to Expect
Undergraduate residential student staff play a critical role in the creation of safe, inclusive residential communities that support student health and well-being.
Expectations, Roles, and Compensation
Find out more about staffing including the roles available, expectations for those who staff, and compensation.
Preparing to Apply
Before you apply, review the eligibility requirements.
Student Staff Training
In order to staff on campus, attending training is a requirement before you can begin. Find out more here, including important dates to be aware of.