Neighborhood community councils are governing boards of students, Resident Fellows and professional staff working together to make decisions for their local neighborhood.
Some of the primary duties of the neighborhood community councils include:
- Establishing governance, oversight and practices that advance the principles of ResX, including creating a racially and socially just neighborhood.
- Supporting neighborhood programs that foster continuity, belonging, and community.
- Utilizing the breadth of knowledge and expertise within the council to execute neighborhood programs and initiatives effectively.
- Evaluating student proposals for use of neighborhood funds.
- Annually reviewing and approving neighborhood theme houses.
- Identifying common area spaces in the neighborhood that can be used by students for events, gatherings and meetings.
Join a Community Council
Are you interested in helping to shape the identity, spirit, and traditions of your neighborhood?