The theme of “International Understanding” is very important at Hammarskjöld.
Our Selection Criteria
To ensure a transparent selection process, we’ve included our evaluation criteria below. We developed this criteria with the input of Hammarskjöld’s current residents to ensure continuity in house culture. Please be authentic in your answers to the essay questions—our goal in publishing our evaluation criteria is only to make the application process transparent and help you understand whether you’d be a good fit for Hamm. We will evaluate applicants on:
- Enthusiasm about co-op life: We’re seeking residents who are eager to contribute to the house’s operations and community.
- International life: Hamm is an international-themed co-op; we’re looking for international students and those with an interest in international cultures and affairs.
- Curiosity and excitement to learn from others: Every moment at Hamm—from dinner on Tuesday to clean shift on Sunday—is a learning experience. We’re building a community that will share with and learn from one another.
- Accountability/Commitment: Living in a coop is rewarding but requires work! We seek applicants who are responsible for their actions and will support the house.
If you’d like to learn more about Hamm, feel free to reach out or come by the house. We encourage you to attend our open house, Co-op crawl or contact any of the current/future student leaders.
Requirements if Assigned
If assigned to Hammarskjöld you must:
- Lead one theme project to house residents during the school year.
- Lead one house dinner per quarter as Head Chef
- A three-hour cook shift or two-hour cleaning shift once a week
- a two-hour cleaning shift once every two weeks.