Preparing to Apply
Before you apply, there are several things you can do to prepare. Here you can review eligibility guidelines as well as additional information that can help in making the decision to apply.
Confirm your Eligibility
Below are the general eligibility requirements for Community RA appointments.
Appointed Staff Members Must
- Have at least one year of guaranteed undergraduate housing remaining at the time of application for the residential student staff role.
- Be determined by your cohort year, which is based on the year you matriculated at Stanford. Students who matriculated in 2021 and earlier will be eligible.
- Be a registered student and enrolled in classes at Stanford throughout their appointment.
- Remain in good academic standing. Incompletes must be completed before the start of the appointment in September. If a residential student staff member is placed on probation, provisional registration, or suspension during the appointment, this can be grounds for termination.
- Be eligible to receive stipend payments associated with appointment, or be willing to forgo stipend (this may apply in particular to student athletes on full athletic scholarships). *I-9 is not required to receive a stipend.