WELCOME TO RESIDENTIAL SELECTION
Stanford’s undergraduate residences are places of intellectual and interpersonal learning, and student appointments play an integral role in the learning process. Residential Education manages a robust staff selection process to ensure both students and houses find the right fit.
Residential Selection Timeline
Winter Quarter 2020
- Tuesday, January 14 (12:00 p.m.): Application opens
- Tuesday, January 21 (2:00-4:00 p.m.): Optional drop-in office hours for applicants to discuss application
- Wednesday, January 22 (12:00 p.m.): Application closes
- Thursday, January 23 (12:00 p.m.): Recommendations Due
- Saturday, January 25: Interview period begins
- Sunday, March 1: Interview period ends
- Monday, March 2 (2:00-4:00pm): Optional drop-in office hours for applicants and hiring managers to discuss ranked list at ResEd Central
- Tuesday, March 3 (12:00 p.m.): Deadline for applicants and hiring managers to submit ranked list of houses/positions in SAAS
- Thursday, March 5: ResEd notifies applicants of placement
- Friday, March 6 (12:00 p.m.): Deadline for applicants to confirm placement and agree to terms of appointment
- Friday, March 6 (5:00 p.m.): Post-Match process begins
- Introduction, What to Expect & Support - Familiarize yourself with the expectations of participants in the process as well as the three phases that comprise Selection.
- Expectations, Roles, and Compensation - Review PDFs and stipend information regarding the different appointments available through Residential Education and our campus partners.
- Preparing to Apply - Before you even submit your application, there is a good deal of research and preparation you should do in order to understand the Selection process and the options it provides you. We invite you to thoroughly read through our website.
- Application Process - There are many different house positions and requirements within the 85 residences on campus. This may mean classes you need to take, additional application requirements, or information to help you acquire and submit meaningful recommendations.
- Interview Process -This page will outline the timing and expectations for scheduling and attending interviews, as well as resources on helpful interviewing tips.
- Ranking Position and House Preferences - Things to consider before ranking, and information on how The Match works.
- Confirming Your Placement - Confirming your placement, signing up for necessary classes, and information about staff training in the fall.
You can contact the ResEd Selection Team.