Student Leader Training
Training is a priority for our Residential Education team to help prepare student leaders for success. As a result of participating in training, student leaders will practice and achieve proficiency in the core principles of the neighborhoods.
Attendance and participation throughout student leader training is a requirement as outlined in your student leader agreement.
Terms and Obligations
Per the Undergraduate Residential Student Leader Terms and Obligations of Appointment 2022-23, all student leaders must:
- Attend and participate in all training and retreats required for all student leaders (even those who have previously attended) and for assigned residence. This includes but is not limited to training prior to the start of your student leader role, and supplemental training sessions throughout the academic year.
- Attend training, retreats, and classes in person when required to do so.
- Complete required online or alternative format training and classes when required to do so.
- Complete any summer commitments, including internships, before Labor Day weekend in early September
Learn more about the core principles that shape our neighborhoods.
Important Training & Move-in Dates
Student Leader Move-in
- Labor Day Weekend
- Friday, September 1 – Monday, September 4
Student Leader Training
- Tuesday, September 5 – Friday, September 8
- Monday, September 11 – Thursday, September 14
Please expect to be in contact with your RF or GRA about a student leader retreat.
Neighborhood-based group sessions with campus partners and resources are primarily scheduled throughout the first week. These sessions represent the foundational values and core competencies for all student leaders.
Role specific training or Track Training for ETAs, RA-Cs, and RA-Os to allow learning and application of role specific and house specific content.
Questions About Training
If you have questions about your ability to participate fully in training, please reach out to your Neighborhood Program Director (NPD).
- Neighborhood R + S: Lydell Graham
- Neighborhood T + F: Richard Duncan
- Neighborhood D + O: Racheal Yates
- Neighborhood A + N: Andrew Gray
General Questions and More
More information about training, including a detailed schedule, will be sent to student leaders over summer from our Residential Training team. For general questions about training, reach out to us.