Preparing to Apply
Main content start
Confirm Your Eligibility
Below are the general eligibility requirements for Community RA appointments.
Appointed Student Leaders Must
- Have at least one year of guaranteed undergraduate housing remaining at the time of application for the residential student leader role.
- Be a rising junior or senior (coterminal students who have not yet conferred a bachelor's degree and are eligible for undergraduate housing can apply)
- Be a registered student and enrolled in classes at Stanford throughout their appointment.
- Remain in good academic standing. Incompletes must be completed before the start of the appointment in September. If a residential student leader is placed on probation, provisional registration, or suspension during the appointment, this can be grounds for termination.
- Be eligible to receive stipend payments associated with appointment, or be willing to forgo stipend (this may apply in particular to student athletes on full athletic scholarships).
- I-9 is not required to receive a stipend.